Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bioshock

Another excuse to pump monsters full of lead? I don’t think so, Bioshock is definitely one of the best games currently out for the Xbox 360, if you enjoy either shooters or a good storyline, this game won’t disappoint you. Although the FPS combat isn’t extraordinary it’s fairly challenging, if you don’t play the game on easy, and has a few unique twists. To make yourself a more powerful combatant you will need to use a variety of “plasmids”. These rewrite your genetic structure, making your stronger, faster, tougher, or giving you special abilities, such as the ever classic “telekinesis” and the somewhat more original “insect swarm”. But, as I have already said, the real selling point of Bioshock is its storyline, I don’t want to say much, because its much better if you have no clue as to what will happen next, but it has some of the best plot twists of any game I’ve played through. The surroundings match the mood perfectly, dark, gloomy, and yet you can, at times see the beautiful city rapture once was. I like the flavor that being set in the 1960s gives the game. I’ve noticed that several games lately have tried setting there games in this general time zone, Bioshock reminded me in particular of the Fallout series.

I’ll give Bioshock a 9/10 it wasn’t completely perfect, but the amazing storyline, beautiful graphics and flavorful setting far outweigh the games few flaws.

So, would you kindly go to your nearest gamestop or Wal-Mart and buy Bioshock? I promise you will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha~nice blog~ok alwasy stay cool

Anonymous said...

haha~nice blog~ok alwasy stay cool